Beginning August 31, 2020 the Forest-Jackson Public Library will be open to the public during regular hours Monday-Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. All staff and patrons aged 5 and up are required to wear masks. The number of patrons inside the library at one time will be limited to 10 and patrons are asked to limit their visit to 30 minutes a day.
Curbside service began on June 16, 2020. This has been well received by the community and shall continue for the foreseeable future. We know many are anxious to come into the library and browse the collection for themselves or use the computers and we look forward to welcoming patrons back inside. With that in mind, we are hopeful that we can follow guidelines that prioritize safety while providing access to the building.
- If you are symptomatic: cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat or new loss of taste of smell, please come back another time when you are feeling better.
- We have put in place measures to comply with the Governor’s Responsible ReStart Ohio Plan. We expect all staff and community members to stay at least 6 feet apart. Staff and patrons are required to wear face masks inside the library.
- No more than 10 patrons may be inside at any given time.
- Increased cleaning protocols following all recommended CDC/State of Ohio guidelines including a 96-hour quarantine of library materials and enhanced sanitizing protocol will be followed.
- Limit your time in the library to 30 minutes.
- With the exception of computer stations, chairs have been removed or made unavailable.
- While browsing the collection, please do not put items back on the shelves, but place them on carts located around the library. Staff will disinfect items before reshelving.
- Computer use is limited to 30 minutes per day and one person per computer.
- A limited number of computers will be available in order to maintain social distancing.
- Enhanced sanitizing/disinfecting protocol after each patron use of a computer, to include: keyboard, mouse, desk, chair, monitor.
- Patrons must practice social distancing of six feet while in the library.
- Returned items will be quarantined for a minimum of 96 hours, and items will still be listed as checked out during that time. NO late fines shall accrue. We are a “fine-free” library.
- All toys and the train table have been put away.
- The meeting room is currently closed to the public.
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entry and is located around the library. Hand washing is strongly encouraged.
- Library staff will handle online and phone requests for ALL materials including magazines, DVDs, CDs, and video games in addition to book requests.
- Patrons are encouraged to call in to request a book(s) even if unsure of exactly what they want. We will be happy to make recommendations.
- Curbside service will continue for the foreseeable future, and be available for any who choose not to enter the library.
- Items will be placed in the backseat, trunk, or passenger seat by a staff member who shall be wearing a mask and following all safety protocols.
- All items are returned through the outdoor book return. Staff may not take items from vehicles.
All library staff are required to:
- Perform a daily symptoms assessment before coming to the building
- Wear a mask
- Wash hands frequently and use hand sanitizer
- Maintain an appropriate distance of at least six feet when possible
In the Event of a Positive Test/Possible Exposure to COVID-19
- The library shall contact the Hardin Co. Health Dept. immediately and follow all recommendations and safety measures.