The Freight House was built around 1870 as a joint venture of the Pennsylvania and the Big Four Railroads.
Freight House Restaurant
In the early 1970's the Freight House was purchased by Leon & Sandra Thacker and converted to a restaurant. The restaurant changed hands several times before the Library purchased the building in the year 2000.
Library in the Freight House
The Forest-Jackson Public Library was founded in 1936. The Library was housed in various downtown storefronts until the Library purchased the Freight House building in 2000.
Thanks to Rochelle Brake and Amy & Doug Noel for the mural.