Cut the Craft Thursdays
Thursday, February 19, 2015, 1:00 p.m. and again at 7:00 p.m. We are piloting a new program for adults. You're invited to join Amy in learning a new craft. This month she will teach you how to needle felt a butterfly. All supplies are provided and this program is free of charge. Teens are also welcome!
The Forest-Jackson Public Library is a school district public library serving Riverdale Local School District. Library Board members are appointed by Riverdale Board of Education. The Forest-Jackson Public Library Board meets the fourth Thursday of each month at 9:00 a.m. in the Library's Hempy Meeting Room. The meetings are open to the public.
The Library is located at 102 W. Lima St., Forest, Ohio 45843
Phone 419-273-2400 and FAX 419-273-8007
During the school year, kids aged preschool and up are invited to the Forest-Jackson Public Library for a rootin'-tootin' hour of stories, songs and a craft. Join "Loco Amy" on Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Storytime Station does not meet from Memorial Day through Labor Day. The Library holds special programs during the summer related to the summer reading program.
*When Riverdale School is cancelled due to weather, Storytime Station is also cancelled.
Summer Reading Program
Each year a special summer reading program is planned for kids of all ages. Kids receive a complimentary book bag when they sign up to read with us during the summer. They can "earn tickets" for each book that they read or is read to them. Tickets can then be "spent" on fun prizes and candy! Special weekly programs are held throughout the summer.
Miss Amy makes monthly visits to Forest Headstart and all three classes of Forest Christian Preschool, Around the Clock Daycare and FalconView Preschool.
Services of the Library
- Books, Magazines, and newspapers including the Kenton Times, The Courier, The Daily Chief, and USA Today
- Videocassettes and DVDs--checked out for one week free of charge. $1/day overdue fine.
- Books on cassettes & CDs
- Children's book and cassette combos
- Large print books
- Local history resources
- Online databases
- Reference materials
- Tax forms
- Reference service available in person plus via phone and e-mail
- Internet access--5 computer stations with color printers, one scanner.
- Interlibrary loan
- Teacher classroom collections
- Delivery to the homebound
- GED study materials
- Classroom visits and tours
- Storytime Station
- Voter registration
- Fax machine $1.00 per page outgoing & 50 cents per page incoming--419-273-8007
- Photo copier
- Microfilm reader
- Ellison Die Machine
- Meeting Room Rental